3.02.2007

Lent II

Lent has always been a powerful time for me.

For whatever reason, I have always felt a real sense of the Spirit during the season of Lent, and find myself more easily in tune with the "work" of discipleship.

Bible study seems to come easier.

Prayer seems to flow out more naturally.

Self-examination seems more genuine.


I'm not sure of the reason for any of this, but I am one of those people who look forward to Lent. I look forward to quieting down, and slowing down, and purposefully reflecting on my faith in the One who gives all for me.

If you have not never used a daily devotional guide for Lent, I suggest you try www.sacredspace.ie. It is well run, deep enough for serious prayer, and yet its simplicity seems to match well the call of Lent.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home